Kick it up a notch! Impress your guests by spooning whipped cream cheese into mini filo shells. Top with a dollop of Two Sisters Pepper Jelly.
Dress it up for the Holidays! Cut a block of cold cream cheese diagonally into two triangles. Arrange them to form a tree. Use a tiny cutout star of yellow pepper for the tree topper and green onion for the trunk!
What is Filo Pastry?
Filo pastries, also known as phyllo, are paper thin sheets of unleavened dough used for making pastries in Middle Eastern cuisine.
Filo creates a golden, flaky crust that can be filled with either sweet or savory fillings but many fear that the elegance of filo must indicate that it is not something for beginners. Actually, filo is extremely easy to use, especially with the advent of butter flavored cooking spray.
It's so simple to use Two Sisters Jams, Preserves or Conserves to create easy elegant dishes like the Raspberry White Chocolate Strudel on the right.
Visit Athens Pastries to view an entire catalog of videos demonstrating how to use this wonderful product.
Puff Pastry can make even simple dishes special enough for any occasion. Take a look at the video below to learn how to work with this versatile product to make favorites like Two Sisters Strawberry Apple Margarita Baked Brie on the right.
Raspberry White Chocolate Strudel
8 oz. jar Two Sisters Raspberry White Chocolate Dessert Spread
6 sheets phyllo dough
Butter Flavored cooking spray
1/2 Tablespoon Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Lay 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface, short side facing you, keeping remaining sheets covered in plastic wrap. Spray sheet lightly with butter spray and lay a second sheet on top. Repeat with remaining butter spray and phyllo.
- Spoon Two Sisters Raspberry White Chocolate Dessert Spread in a 2-inch-thick line along long edge of dough, leaving 2 inches at top and bottom. Roll up tightly, fold ends under, and place seam side down on baking sheet. Spray with butter spray. Sprinkle with 1/2 Tbsp. sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let stand on baking sheet on a wire rack for 15 minutes, then slice and serve warm, or let cool and serve at room temperature.
Two Sisters Cream Cheese and Hot Pepper Jelly Dip
- 1 (8 ounce) block of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 small jar of Two Sisters hot pepper jelly
- 2-3 sleeves of crackers
Place a bowl just big enough to accommodate a single block of cream cheese (with a little bit of room around it for crackers) onto a serving tray. Place the softened cream cheese in the center bowl. Loosen up the hot pepper jelly by vigorously stirring it, then slowly pour it over the top of the cream cheese, letting it pool around the cream cheese a bit. Set aside any remaining pepper jelly in the jar to replenish the dip later. Surround the cream cheese dish by laying out Ritz crackers on the outer serving tray and watch how fast this dish disappears!
Turkey Sandwich with Raspberry Jam
For an amazing twist on an old favorite, start with two slices of whole wheat bread, layer with sliced turkey, Swiss cheese, lettuce, a slice of cucumber, a thin slice of red onion and a dollop of Two Sisters Raspberry or Cranberry Mandarin Jam. Delicious!
Black Friday Turkey Melt
Apple Rum Raisin Conserve in Filo Pastry
Follow the directions on the left for Raspberry White Chocolate Strudel substituting Two Sisters Apple Rum Raisin Conserve for Raspberry White Chocolate Dessert Spread.
Roasted Pork Loin
- 2 lb. pork tenderloin
- 8 oz. any flavorTwo Sisters Pepper Jam or Jelly
- salt and pepper
Note: This recipe is excellent with any Two Sisters Pepper Jellies or Jams but is particularly delicious with Pineapple, Mango, Habanero Jelly or Habanero Gold.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a roasting pan with heavy foil.
- Generously salt & pepper the tenderloin.
- Melt 6 tbsp of the jelly in a small pan over low heat and brush over the top of the tenderloin.
- Roast until thermometer reaches 155 to 160 degrees (about 15-20 min).
- Slice tenderloin diagonally into 1/2 inch medallions and serve with remaining jelly.
Two Sisters Strawberry Apple
Margarita Baked Brie
Baked Brie Ingredients
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 (8 ounce) round Brie cheese
1/3 cup Two Sisters Strawberry Apple
2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
BAKED BRIE DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray. Lay the puff pastry onto the prepared baking sheet. Center the Brie wheel onto the pastry. Spread the preserves evenly over the top of the Brie. Sprinkle the walnuts over the preserves. Fold the puff pastry over the top of the Brie, sealing all openings. Bake in preheated oven until the pastry is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Try making the baked brie with other Two Sisters Jams. Wonderful!
Two Sister's Raspberry Chipotle-Glazed Chicken Wings
2 1/2 - 3 lbs chicken wings
1 stick butter
5 T Two Sister's Raspberry Chipotle Chile Sauce
1/2 tsp salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
Preparation time 1 hour
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Prepare chicken wings by slicing off the wing tip.
- Place chicken wings on two baking sheets and lightly spray wings with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes then flip wings and bake for another 20 minutes.
- While the wings are baking, prepare the sauce.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in Two Sister's Raspberry Chipotle Chile Sauce, salt and a small pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Whisk until smooth and combined.
- Remove baked wings from oven and dip each wing in sauce with tongs.
- Shake off excess sauce and place wings on a platter for serving.